Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Sharkie

I've always adored going to museums and zoos, so it wasn't such a big surprised when I decided to take the train yesterday to Darling Harbour in order to go to the Sydney Aquarium.


I was greeted by an adorable turtle who for some reason couldn't keep his eyes off of me and was determined to get out.


The aquarium had one lizard. Quite naturally I had to stand there and squeal for a few minutes.



However, I wasn't really there to look at lizard and turtles and ventured on to look at all the marine animals.



Jelly fish, such simple but beautiful creatures...until they decide to burn you.


The Leafy Sea Dragon was one of my favourites at the aquarium. What a spectacular creature!


The highlight of the day was when we reached the tunnels, what an experience...


Aside from all the fish there was the strangest shark which showed us its underside, and reminded me of a smiley face.


While I was being far too occupied with being amazed how large one of the rays were, a monstrous killer of the sea was lurking in the background waiting for the perfect moment to appear...




Fear or excitement?


For a split second it felt like I was the one being in an aquarium and watched by the shark...quite thrilling.



The huge shark tank was breathtaking, it's like being stuck in a magical water-world. The Sydney Aquarium is definitely a wonderful place that I recommend you all to visit if you haven't been there already.

No comments:

Post a Comment