Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Newtown


Seems like spring is finally here. It was such a nice weather today, woke up with the sun in my face and I decided that I just had to go out to enjoy the sunshine.


Put my sunglasses on and I was completely thrilled that I could wear my jeans jacket without freezing.


Arrived to the Central and then took the bus to Newtown.


Newtown is this really cool and hip place with lots of vintage shops.


But I focused my attention more on the lovely buildings, since most of the shops were ridiculously expensive for my taste. Never understood why I should have to pay the same amount of money for clothes that have been worn before as clothes that are new for the exact same price if not more. I used to like those days when vintage use to be cheap...but I guess it's not like that any more.


Instead I went into a second hand book-shop and bought a lovely book for the Darcy Soc book club now on Thursday.


For $8 I got a book by Jean Rhys called Wide Sargasso Sea. Apparently it's supposed to be a story about the first Mrs Rochester (the mad wife in Charlotte Brontë's Jane Eyre). I absolutely adore Jane Eyre, so I hope I'll enjoy this one as well.


Happy with my purchase, along with some other smaller items, I decided to walk around the neighbourhood to have a look around.


After a nice day in Newtown I decided that it was time to head back home with the train to have a nice and well earned dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment