Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

High Tea? Yes, please!


What a wonderful day today was when I went to attend a High Tea event in QVB arranged by the Darcy Soc. I definitely couldn't have wished for a better one.


I went up the stairs until I reached the Tea Room, without any clue what was waiting there.


We had all received individual name tags. I was a Countess for a day...certainly wouldn't mind being that for the rest of my life.


The Tea Room had the most elegant décor, everything ranging from old mirrors with golden frames to...


art-deco lamps with tassels.


Once everyone got seated, we were served the most delicious treats. Everything ranging from cucumber sandwiches to macaroons, mini cupcakes, and filled brioches.


I had the honour to sit next to Viscountess Hermine, whom I had the most intellectual conversation with. It was all about Mr Darcy.


Along with the delicious treats, my taste fell on drinking a spicy Chai.


It was so much fun seeing everyone dressed up, everyone just looked divine!


Alongside the delicious treats, we were also served scones with jam and clotted cream and puff pastry filled with spinach...at that point I pretty much died and went to heaven.


I had such a delightful hour at the Tea Room and could have stayed there the entire day, alas I had a class so I had to rush on. At least my belly was full and with a smile on face I enjoyed my last class of this week before heading off on my mid-semester break...

No comments:

Post a Comment