Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sweet as Sesame Balls

Oh I've been busy as a bee, that's why I haven't been posting as often as I would like to. Uni has been taking up a lot of my time, plenty of thing to read and write. But, I'm finally starting to get a hang of it and I think I've planned things well...so might see more of me here on this blog. I really enjoy blogging and putting my posts together, so I don't want to neglect it nor you my lovely readers/friends!

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are my days off, so I can pretty much do whatever pleases me or just studying if I need to do that. This week has pretty much been all about settling in into the new place. I really like it here and the family is just great. Since I had a day off I decided to head into the city, mostly to just have a look around and stretch my legs.


It was a divine weather and the street was bustling with people, especially around Town Hall. Right next to the Town Hall is the Queen Victoria Building, a wonderful shopping mall...just a bit expensive like the rest of the other malls around the CBD. But it's free to look right?


Since I didn't really find anything there that suited my taste pocket, I decided to at least indulge myself a bit and went into the newly opened Cantonese restaurant Fat Buddha. And no, I don't only eat Chinese food...I just happened not to show my other meals...which I actually should do. Will definitely be a change for sure!
So I had spinach and prawn dumplings, as a dessert I tried some sweet sesame balls which were quite good actually. Also had a pot of green tea with that. How is it that Chinese restaurant always have the best green tea? I can never seem to find any like that when I wish to buy it...


After that I simply had a look around all the malls. Saw a few things, but decided to save my money for better things. Well actually bought a hair dryer. Now I usually don't use hair dryers, actually I hate using it since my hair usually go all poofy if Ido. But, my hair just dries FOREVER (more than 12 hours) here, especially since there's no central heating in Australia...so it's pretty much as "cold" inside as it is outside. Yup, very odd for us Europeans to understand...but that's how it is. Probably why I received a cold during the first week I got to Sydney. Anyways, so I got this dryer so that I won't have to go to bed with super wet hair. At least I'll use it a bit until spring gets here, once it gets warmer I don't have to worry about getting sick.

Oh apart from that also got some TimTams. Aparently a big thing here. A yummy chocolate biscuit made in Australia. There are loads of different flavours and versions, but I took the one with dark chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate....mmm.

So I'm fairly back on track now, and I shall shape up with the blog posting. I promise, if not then...well we shall just have to think of something. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment